(Rental)-Backcourt Skills Development
Guard BasketballDrills for the Backcourt
Guard Basketball Drills DVD for rent. No matter the level, fundamental backcourt skills are imperative to a successful basketball program. LSU assistant coach Greg Heiar has spent many years developing NBA-caliber backcourt talent while serving in championship programs. Heiar served at Wichita State and helped the Shockers advance to the 2013 NCAA Final Four while tutoring All-American guards Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet, who are now both in the NBA.
Today’s modern basketball offenses are so guard-centric that developing quality backcourt players is as crucial as ever. In this video, Heiar brings to you his methods for developing the skills necessary – dribbling, passing, shooting, and more – to be an elite guard. Throughout the video, you will learn Heiar’s three essential backcourt skills:
- Ability to handle pressure and cut down on turnovers
- Increase finishing skills around the basket
- Create shooting space and scoring opportunities
Guard Basketball Drills - Ball Handling
It starts with handling the basketball. Coach Heiar credits his emphasis on ball handling drills as the key to a reduction in turnovers and travel calls while at Wichita State. In this segment, you will be presented 13 stationary and on-the-move ball handling drills that are game-like and challenging. These drills include the following:
- Developing “ball confidence” to make players more comfortable handling the ball
- Incorporating 2-ball dribbling as well as introducing dribbling with a tennis ball
- An emphasis on staying low while dribbling
- How to add combinations like the crossover, between the legs dribble, and behind-the-back dribble as well as other moves while catching a tennis ball
Finishing Moves for Guards
Guards that can finish at the rim make teams better. They increase your team’s efficiency on the inside. Developing those finishing skills is a necessary piece of the elite backcourt player. Heiar shows you nine finishes at the rim to assist your players including:
- Finishing off both the inside and outside foot
- How to finish with both the inside and outside hand
- Incorporating the in-and-out dribble
- How to use the “step, pick, and finish” move
Shooting Drills for Guards
Proper shooting form is key to improving consistency as a shooter. Guards that can shoot from long range are extremely valuable. Heiar understands that to improve on shooting in games, drills must be more game-like. He shows you 11 drills that can be run within the same sequence in order to save time. Here’s what you get:
- The benefits of chair form shooting
- How to master the backboard shot
- How to shoot off stagger screens using the pump fake, pull ups, and rip through
- How to teach the foot fake
Ball Screen Reads
The ball screen is a big part of the modern offense and players need to understand how to attack and counter attack various defensive strategies. Coach Heiar teaches guards how to attack when teams overplay, ICE a screen, or switch. You will learn:
- The importance of getting to the sidelines when playing pick-and-roll
- How to get a 4-on-3 advantage on the offensive end
- How to read a big man’s feet and attack them in a pick-and-roll situation
Heiar’s abilities in teaching guards can help you challenge your players in their development. This 50-minute guard basketball drills video serves as a complete tutorial for effective backcourt play and is a welcome addition to any collection. Rent this guard basketball drills DVD today.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). Otherwise the customer is responsible for return shipping costs.
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.