(Rental)-Perimeter Player Drills For The Dribble Drive Offense
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
- Do not let the defense get in the way of creating better shots.
- Find drills that will help you develop confidence in ball handling skills for your wings
- You need to create tough rebounders that can turn offensive rebounds into points
- John Calipari, 2x Naismith National Coaches of the Year, gives insight and demonstrations on-court
Your wing players should learn to outrun their defenders and take the big shot.
John Calipari, University of Kentucky Head Coach, shows you how to work with your wing players and develop the skills required to run the Dribble Drive Motion Offense. These drills have been used to produce back-to-back top five NBA draft picks as well as the second highest scoring average for 2009.
Coach Calipari starts with a series ball handling drills to help develop a feeling for the basketball. These drills focus on hand/eye coordination as well as a push-pull technique that will help your wings feel the ball better. You will be able to throw the ball with confidence using crossover, behind-the-back and between-the legs techniques.
- Layups -Calipari offers a series of lay-up drills which focus on speed, moves, and finishing with contact. Calipari demonstrates how to protect the basketball by teaching it. Calipari also shows a stick-back drill to transform your wings into aggressive rebounders that turn offensive rebounds into point.
- Shooting- 25 high energy breakdown drills will allow your wings to practice a variety shots (lay-ups and 3-pointers, pull-up jumpers, etc.) during the natural flow. Calipari also offers a 4-minute shooting drill to get your wings ready for the big shot at end of the game.
Calipari then shows you two drills that will prepare your wings for the big shot at end of game. The shooting drill, which lasts four minutes, forces the wings to shoot from five different spots on the floor. One-on-one drills are used to improve the wing's decision-making skills.
This video course contains drills that will help you take advantage of all the Dribble Drive Motion Offense has to offer. This course will teach your players how they can create their own opportunities.
53 minutes. 2009.