(Rental)-Duke Basketball: Quick Hitting Actions For Motion Offense
Duke Basketball: Quick Hitting Actions for Motion Offense
Current Northwestern head coach Chris Collins spent over a decade as an assistant at Duke, where he played in college, learning the ins and outs of the Blue Devils’ highly effective, quick-hitting offense. In this video, Collins shares 10 different actions. They are fast-paced, short executions based on a quick read of a defense. One initial read can result in up to ten different options for a total of over 50 scoring opportunities.
Each action set is based on the initial pass from the point guard. There is no set pattern of passes or any repetitive movements in these actions. This is to ensure that the defense has no time to get set and cannot predict what your team is going to do next. After the initial pass, there will be four to six options available to create a scoring opportunity. Collins presents 10 fundamentally sound and strong movements that is sure to improve your team’s overall play.
- Wide and Corner: Attack the defense by passing ahead in transition. Both Wide and Corner attack a defense before it has time to set up and offer support with help defenders.
- Exchange and Shallow: A dribble entry to the wing initiates both of these actions that are used to counter aggressive wing denial. Hand offs and ball screens force the defense to scramble on the weak side.
- Release and Flash: When defenses overplay guards, get the posts involved in these actions. Back cuts and post flashes take advantage of vulnerable defenses that attempt to pressure guards.
- Through and Circle: These sets prevent your team from standing around using movement to create passing and scoring opportunities.
- Up and Down: These sets occupy defenders and encourage a quick ball reversal which can lead to scoring opportunities. Both sets force action on the weak side with screens.
With the number of options available in these actions, you should be able to find something that you can use and build into your own offense. With minimal effort, you can easily modify any of Coach Collins’ actions and suit them to fit the strengths of your individual players.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). Otherwise the customer is responsible for return shipping costs.
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.