(Rental)-20 High Energy Drills For Pressure Defense
if You Do Not Already Know, Kevin Boyle Is One Of The Country’s Top High School Basketball Coaches Leading Montverde Academy (fl) To The 2018 High School National Championship. It Was The Fourth Time Boyle’s Team Has Won A National Title And He Has Done It By Applying Pressure Defense To Opponents. In This Video, You Will See Exactly How To Teach And Implement The Drills Necessary For Your Program To Become A Defensive Stalwart.
coach Boyle’s Presentation Is Done On The Court So That You See How Each Drill Is Taught. Drills Build Upon Each Other In An Effort To Improve Both Individual And Team Defensive Skills. Coaches Will Find All Of Coach Boyle’s Drills Easy To Implement And Physically Demanding.
warm Up Drills
coach Boyle Begins With Seven Warm Up Drills That Focus On Skills Needed On Both Ends Of The Floor. Passing, Shooting, And Cutting Drills Are Part Of The Progressive Warm Up That Will Help Improve Individual And Team Offensive And Defensive Skills. Coaches And Players Benefit From The Warm Up As It Permits More Time To Work On Other Concepts During The Rest Of Practice.
coach Boyle Demonstrates A Number Of Drills Designed To Help You Coach High Pressure Defense. You Will See How Each Drill Is Set Up, How It Is Run, And What Coaching Points Might Be Offered To Help Your Players Improve. The Half-court Drills Include:
- tracing The Ball: Pressuring The Ball Must Be Quick And Smart. You Will See That This Drill Will Teach Your Players How To Create Pressure On The Ball, An Important Part Of Helping Every Other Aspect Of Your Defense.
- denying The Passing Lane: Essential To Shutting Down Opponents Is Denying Passing Lanes. Coach Boyle Illustrates How To Space Defenders And How To Move To Protect Passing Lanes.
- guarding A Cutter: Teams That Consistently Deny Passing Lanes Will Usually See Cutters. Coach Boyle Teaches The Proper Way To Stop And Redirect Cutters And, Ultimately, Frustrate Offenses.
- help And Recover: Defenders Must Help Teammates When They Get Beat On The Dribble. Help Defenders Must Not Allow An Easy Basket From Their Own Man Though. Coach Boyle Emphasizes Quickness In This Drill. A Quick Closeout Is The Key To The Help And Recover Drill.
- closeout Drill Series: Modern Offenses Feature More Players That Are Versatile And Can Both Shoot And Penetrate. As A Result, Closeouts Are Crucial To Successful Defensive Play. Coach Boyle Reviews A Collection Of Drills To Help You Teach Closeouts.
- slide Drill Series: Maintaining Position In Front Of A Ball Handler And Slowing Him Down Is Key To Pressure Defense. The Old Zig-zag Is Given An Upgrade As Coach Boyle Adapts It Today’s Game. Players Learn To Improve Their Slide And To Transition Quicker From Slide To Sprint In A Game Situation.
- defending Drives From The Wing: Coach Boyle Goes Over Four Drills That Will Help Your Players Cut Off Any Wing Penetration. They Also Will Learn How To Defend Spin Moves That Are The Result Of Cut-offs.
- guarding Duck-ins And Post-ups: Offenses Will Attempt To Get Players Open Inside With Duck-ins And Post-ups. Coach Boyle Teaches This Drill To Help Players Understand How To Keep Post Players From Getting Into Position For An Easy Shot.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). Otherwise the customer is responsible for return shipping costs.
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.