(Rental)-Basketball Warm Up Drills: Active Warm--up & Core Training
Basketball Warm Up Drills with Alan Stein
Many nationally renowned coaches who have over the years worked with basketball players will agree to the fact that a good core training and then an equally good warm-up prior to the game is very essential to having a good match and developing a winning culture. Many coaches who have spent countless years working with basketball players have even gone as far as viewing images and watching videos to help then with sufficient ideas to boost the quality of their training and warm-ups.
Why Basketball Warm Up Drills Are Important
Many people who come to watch the game or who sit at home watching players on the court sometimes don’t know the importance of warm-up. In fact, many who watch from home miss out on the warm-ups. To those who do not play basketball, warm-ups look unimportant but it is very essential to the performance of basketballers. It is very important to note that this part should not be neglected when preparing for a game. Here are some of the importance of the warm-ups
- Warm-ups free the muscles and makes it more elastic to withstand the stress of jumping, landing, throwing, blocking and so on. Warm-ups also very importantly, free the joints and make the player ready for the action.
- Apart from helping the players physically, warm-ups are also very important because it makes the players mentally prepared as well. Most coaches incorporate the real situation movements which take place in the court. Many coaches also try to create consistency with regards to the workout sessions, the practice and the game.
- Warmup sessions should also Include flexibility activities. The flexibility activities help to free the muscles and joints and help the players to be more flexible since basketball is a game or flexibility. Carrying out flexibility activities involves session that could increase the motion of the Achilles, hamstrings, the hips flexor muscles, strengthen the calves and also the lower back region. If the condition requires that you may have only a small space for your warm-up you could also make good use of a host of stationary warm-up sessions that you can think of or research on.
Basketball Warm up Drills for the Core
The core is really very important to the quality of a player and can determine the performance of the player. The core is responsible and determines the movement of players and the ability of players to change direction quickly and jump higher. As a coach, it is important you develop a routine which can help you train the core of your players. Many simple routines exist which are very easy to do with only a basketball required. Some of them include
- The use of the attic holds while the body is in a plank position. This is important because it can help to improve the lower back strength of the player.
- To help strengthen the abs, the crunch type movement is very effective.
- For the obliques, the continuous twisting position is very effective.
- Push-ups also is important to develop the core centres of the chest and shoulders.
Making good use of warm-up and core training will help to increase the flexibility of players, their core strength and even their confidence. Rent this basketball warm up drills DVD today.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). Otherwise the customer is responsible for return shipping costs.
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.