(Rental)-Trapping & Scrambling Pressure Defense
Trapping & Scrambling Pressure Defense
Bowling Green University head women’s basketball coach Robyn Fralick teaches you the defensive pressure system that led to a perfect 37-0 season and a national title in this video presentation. Coach Fralick led Ashland University to the first perfect season in NCAA Division II history in 2017 and capped it off with a national championship. Her 2018 team was the Division II runner-up. One of the key ingredients in her team’s success was its defense.
In this video, Coach Fralick shares everything from defensive philosophy to individual drills and team drills. You will see some game footage of Fralick’s defense in action illustrating the concepts and principles that she talks about. This is the same defense that led to an increase of seven turnovers per game in that 37-0 season.
Full-Court/Half-Court Pressure Defense
A high intensity pressure defense demands the full depths of a roster. This system will engage every player’s desire to play. It’s a system that is fun to play and it ultimately creates a send of belonging and ownership among every team member. It’s a system that demands toughness, which is part of Coach Fralick’s defensive philosophy.
In discussing her philosophy of defense, Coach Fralick addresses the following:
- Varying when and where traps occur in order to create a sense of unpredictability
- The responsibilities and positioning of the trapper, gapper, and safety
- The four goals of the philosophy and how they directly translate to the system’s success
- How to handle ball screens in the half-court and how that relates to the philosophy of the system in the full-court
- Help defensive positioning in both the half- and full-court and how players can be in the best possible position to achieve deflections
- A review of game film that illustrates the talking/teaching points of the system
Pressure Defense Breakdown Drills
Breakdown drills are the key to isolating the specific teaching points and instructing players how to react. You will see two finishing drills where turnovers lead to points at the other end and six defensive-based drills that aim to:
- Develop offensive footwork and finishing moves around the rim
- Simulate the chaos when the press is beaten and the defense must scramble to matchup in the half-court
- Create the perfect trapping environment with proper foot and body placement and teach players to read an opponent’s eyes
- Control ball handlers and force them into positions on the floor that are advantageous to the defense
- Position off-ball defenders where they can play their man as well as increase the odds of a deflection if a pass were made in their direction
Coach Fralick brings you a fast-paced, engaging and exciting style of defensive play in this video. It is a system that has proven success and you can own it today!
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). Otherwise the customer is responsible for return shipping costs.
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.