(Rental)-Pack Line Defense And Rebounding Drills
Pack Line Defense & Rebounding Drills
Rebounding and defense are what win championships in basketball. Former Utah and Drake University head coach Ray Giacoletti opens up a practice session and shows you 10 defensive and rebounding drills in both half-court and full-court settings that can help your players improve in both aspects of the game. You get an inside look at a Drake practice and learn how Coach Giacoletti’s players are taught to defend screening actions, transition defense, and more.
Breakdown Drills for Defense
Great team defenses are built with great individual defenders. Coach Giacoletti builds great individual defenders with the basics. He starts with the stance, body position, footwork, and, most importantly, a player’s mentality.
Coach Giacoletti presents the following drills to build the defense:
- Zig Zag Drill: You will see several versions of the full-court 1-on-1 drill that teaches players to slow down the ball, contain a dribbler, and contest a shot.
- 3-on-3 Full-Court Drill: Players learn to stunt from the help position in order to contain a dribbler.
- Take the Charge Drill: This teaches players the correct and safe technique for drawing a charge.
- Throw and Go: This transition drill teaches defenses to deal with a trailing post player. Learn how to force the ball to the baseline on side ball screens with the “Blue” strategy.
- Centerfield Drill: You will see how Drake is taught to use the post to mirror the dribbler on middle ball screens.
- Five-Man Shell Drill: Learn the rotations needed for doubling the post, gapping, and closing out.
Coach Giacoletti wants his players to develop a physical mindset and he does so with three rebounding drills.
- 3-on-0 Rebounding: Players go through multiple repetitions working on refining their offensive and defensive rebounding technique.
- 3-on-3 Rebounding: The skills learned in the first drill are put to use in competitive play while also including closeouts, help positioning, and cutting off baseline penetration.
- Five-Man Box Out: This is a more complex drill that emphasizes transition concepts like getting back on defense and trying to score on fast breaks when there is an advantage.
Coach Giacoletti puts all of his defensive and rebounding concepts together in the ultimate test – the Turkey Game. The game is highly competitive and is a great way to get players to understand the importance of every possession. Players fight to get a defensive stop and rebound and earn a “Turkey.”
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). Otherwise the customer is responsible for return shipping costs.
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.