(Rental)-Game-like Transition Drills For Practice
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Game-like Transition Drills for Basketball Practice
Coaches should strive to get their teams to play like they practice. That’s easier said than done, but Purdue head coach Matt Painter makes his practices as game-like as possible. It seems to be working for the 2019 Big Ten Coach of the Year who led the Boilermakers to the 2019 Elite Eight. His Purdue teams have won three Big Ten regular season titles and advanced to two Sweet Sixteen appearances.
In this transition drills for basketball video, Painter shows you three fast break and transition drills you can use with your team. You will see how to effectively work on your press defense and press break as well as learn how to design drills to emphasize what is important in your own basketball program.
Transition Drills for Basketball
Coach Painter demonstrates the Progression Drill, which goes from 3-on-2 to 2-on-1, and the Kansas City drill to emphasize transition basketball in your practices. These drills:
- Show you the value of kicking the ball ahead in transition
- Show you how to get your team to talk effectively and the consequences of not doing so
- Emphasize more than just the 3-point shot and work on getting ball inside
- Show you how to condition players in game-like transition drills
Coach Painter presents two drills to work on the press from both an offensive and defensive perspective. The 7-Minute Press Game and the Competitive Press drills are designed to practice breaking the press and press defense in a game-like situation. In these drills, you will see:
- How to use “double points” to penalize your team for turning the ball over
- How to work on man and zone press in the same drill
- How to best use your assistant coaches so they can lead teams
The 5-Ball shooting drill addresses game-like shooting and conditioning. The drill also gets players communicating with one another. Coach Painter shows you how you can make the drill competitive so that every shot and layup matter.
Throughout his entire presentation, Coach Painter gives ideas on how to make practices more competitive and more game-like. If you are a coach looking to run more competitive practices, this is the video for you! Rent this transition drills for basketball DVD today.