(Rental)-End Of Game Winning Strategies & Plays
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Kevin Boyle: End-of-Game Winning Strategies & Plays
As a coach at any level, you must always have an answer for those crucial end-of-game situations. Kevin Boyle, a three-time National High School Coach of the Year at Monteverde Academy in Florida, has excelled in these types of situations throughout his career. His teams have won four high school national championships and he has sent numerous players to the NBA.
In this video, Coach Boyle gives you an entire end-of-game, crucial situation playbook. You will have an entire bag of tricks to use when your team needs a score. You will see three different practice drill sequences and over 20 plays for late-game situations.
None of Boyle’s late-game plays matter if your players cannot handle pressure. In order to handle pressure, Coach Boyle goes through a series of drills that practice footwork and passing while under pressure.
- Pivot Series: Players must know how to pivot and know when to use the pivot. Players are put into game-like situations with pressure on the ball and must use the correct pivot. Coaches can build on the drills to add different forms of pivots.
- Passing Series: Coach Boyle begins with basic passing drills and progresses to those that add a dribble or have a player step around a defender. Players that cannot step around a defender are more apt to make poor passes. Players also work on one-handed passes. All of the drills, including those in the Pivot Series, include multiple variations so players are exposed to situations they will encounter in games.
With the fundamental session over, Coach Boyle moves right into the end-of-game situations. You will be exposed to a whole package of game-winning plays from one of the nation’s best high school coaches. These plays include:
- Sideline Inbound Plays: Coach Boyle demonstrates three different plays to free up your best shooter using multiple screening actions. The result is a 3-point shot when you need it most.
- Motion Sets: Boyle addresses end-of-quarter plays and how you can incorporate motion through ball and player movement. Learn how to run down the clock with “Villanova.” You will also see three sets you can run in these situations to open up the floor creating open shots and driving lanes.
- Full Court Plays: There will be a few times per season when you need a basket in the final seconds. On some of those occasions, you will need to go the length of the floor. Coach Boyle gives you three plays to do so. One advances the ball to half-court quickly, another is a Hail Mary, and the third attacks a full-court press.
- Half-Court Sets: Coach Boyle offers up three more plays that start off of your base offense.
Learn to address late-game situations from one of the best. Coach Boyle shares with you and entire package of end-of-game and special situation plays that have been tested throughout his illustrious career.