(Rental)-Daily Drills To Improve Team Rebounding
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Daily Rebounding Drills to Improve Team Rebounding
Teams that can consistently win the rebounding battle are normally consistent winners. Michael Lang, former assistant coach at Urban Prep Academy and Englewood HS in Illinois, believes practicing the right habits on a daily basis is the key to improving rebounding skills. In this on-court presentation, Coach Lang shows you the keys to rebounding success and the practice drills he uses to help his teams dominate the boards.
Keys to Rebounding
The presentation begins with Coach Lang’s five keys to rebounding success. A clear of understanding of each of these is essential to becoming a better rebounding team. The first key is simply “Your will vs. My will” and expresses the idea that any player can simply outrebound their opponent if they want it more. Coach Lang tries to instill the belief in his players that they can and will get rebounds. This simple idea is the foundation on which great rebounders can be built.
Coach Lang teaches a number of drills all designed to improve technique and a physical mindset needed to be a great rebounder. The drills have many variations to help players develop their rebounding skills as well as their ability to finish at the rim.
- Closeout, Box Out and Slap and Slide Drills: helps improve box out technique
- Rebounds Game: players work on rebounding in mismatch situations in a live 3-on-3 competition
- Catch It, Chin It, Pivot Drill: a progressive drill that works to improve finishes at the rim through contact
- The War and Two vs. One Drills: these drills for players to be aggressive and make contact with opponents on box outs and help you find out who your toughest players are
- Total Workout Rebound Drill: five different variations of this drill help your players improve outlet passes, advance passes up the floor in transition, and find ways for posts to score on the fast break
If you want to challenge your players to be better rebounders with sound, fundamental technique, Coach Lang’s drills are a great place to start. His drills are fun and competitive and can help any coach at any level train players to be more aggressive rebounders. Rent this rebounding drills DVD today.