(Rental)-25 Practice Drills For Offense
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
25 Basketball Offense Drills
If you’re looking to improve your team’s offensive game, this video featuring 12 iconic coaches can help with skill development, breakdowns, transition drills, and overall scoring ability. Build a team that can pass, cut, and shoot in any situation. Learn how to teach players to use screens, play off penetration, attack off dribble handoffs, and more. You will find a number of half-court and full-court drills to develop your offense’s execution.
Half-Court Offensive Drills
Fourteen different half-court basketball offense drills are presented from some of the most recognizable names in the sport. You will see everything from dribble handoffs to wing screen and rolls as these coaches strive to help you and your players develop an understanding of the game of basketball.
- Geno Auriemma (3-on-3 DHO to Shake Option): Players learn proper spacing for best results and learn different actions based on how a defense plays.
- Sean Miller (3 Around 1): Posts work continuously to get open while guards work on drives to the rim, catching and shooting, or making the extra pass to an open shooter.
- Mark Few (Ball Swings 3-on-0, 3-on-0 Post Entry, & Ball Screen Breakdowns): Teach perimeter players to pass, maintain spacing, and play off dribble penetration. You also work on scoring options off of side ball screens.
- Steve Prohm (Kansas Shots & Hammer Pass to Rover Screen): These drills work on getting shots in a ball screen offense. Guards work on attacking the basket and posts work on duck-ins.
- Ben Jacobson (Feeding the Post): Works on using the off-ball elbow screen to feed the post and work off the post to create offensive spacing.
- Jay Wright (Catch & Shoot, Ball Screen, & 2-Ball Shooting with Low Cross Screen): These drills emphasize footwork and reading defenses. Guards work to catch and shoot and attack the basket using different finishes.
- Gary Waters (Guard Shooting & Contest Shooting): Both are shooting drills that give players numerous reps in a short amount of time.
- Don Showalter (Partner Passing Drills): This passing series develops players’ weak hand passing skills.
Full-Court Transition Offense Drills
Here, you will find 11 full-court transition drills to install an up-tempo attack in your offense. Concepts like hitting the outlet player, communication, and more are all on display. Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski provides three drills – 3-Man Passing, 415, and 3-on-0 Catch and Face – that have helped his teams to numerous ACC and national championships.
This basketball offense drills video is loaded with drills that will help any program improve its ability to score in the half-court or in transition.